How to Install a Mini Split Air Conditioning Unit?
The bulky ductwork in a traditional air conditioner requires ample space and may not be ideal for those who live in a small home. Luckily, there are mini-split air conditioning units that you can rely on. It does not come with heavy ductwork, making it space-saving. Even if it is small, it is efficient and can cool individual rooms effectively.
But how is it installed? While the process depends on the contractor you choose, here are some common steps on how it is done:
- Decide where you want the air handler to be installed. It could be in a central location like the hallway, living room, bedroom, or office. But for more information, you can never go wrong with a quality air conditioning install in Yardley, PA, from the pros.
- Choose an exterior wall to install the outdoor compressor/condenser unit. The best location is one that is easily accessible and has good airflow.
- Find an accessible route between the chosen indoor and outdoor locations for the power cables, refrigerant tubing, and drainage hose. Make sure there is enough room to move the units around if needed.
- Drill a hole in the chosen exterior wall for running the power cables and refrigerant tubing. The hole should be large enough to accommodate the selected units but not so large that it weakens the wall.
- Run the power cables and refrigerant tubing through the drilled hole. If needed, use the fish tape to help guide the cables and tubing through.
- Connect the indoor air handler to the outdoor unit using refrigerant tubing, ensuring no leaks. But for better results, nothing can beat the premium air conditioning installation near me, Yardley, PA, from an expert.
- Install any brackets or mounts needed to secure both units in place. This may help keep them from moving around or causing a sound.
- Turn on both units and test if they are working correctly. If everything is functioning correctly, you’re good to go!
Mini-split air conditioners are a great way to cool or heat small spaces, and with these simple instructions, you can enjoy comfortable temperatures when it gets hotter day by day.
But suppose you don’t have any prior experience installing ductless mini splits, JR Michalski Heating & A/C is just a phone call away.
We have a team of licensed contractors and advanced tools and equipment that help us get the job done right the first time and immediately. You can call us at 215-752-1442 to schedule an appointment.
About JR Michalski Heating & A/C:
Your search for the right heating and cooling contractor ends at JR Michalski Heating & A/C. Locally owned and operated for 30 years, we deliver unmatched heating, cooling, and sheet metal fabrication services to residents in Bucks County, Berks County, Montgomery County, and portions of New Jersey. From HVAC installations and replacements to customized sheet metal fabrication, you can count on our factory-trained and authorized experts.
At JR Michalski Heating & A/C, our team has the expertise and experience to address your unique requirements. However, we also understand that skilled workmanship is just one-half of the equation to providing complete satisfaction to our customers. The other half has something to do with our quality products from York.